The CYW920819EVB-02 Evaluation Kit is a development board from Cypress based on the CYW20819 dual-mode Bluetooth 5.0 module. The board features Arduino-compatible headers for expanding its capabilities, and includes an onboard thermister and nine-axis motion sensor that consists of a 3D digital linear accelerometer, 3D digital angular rate sensor, and 3D digital magnetometer.
CYW920819EVB-02 projects start with the following sensor elements imported from the Element Library:
Some devices may have limitations or design restrictions that cause unexpected behavior when used with Atmosphere. Specific information and details pertaining to the CYW920819EVB-02 and its performance on Atmosphere is noted below.
There are no known issues, unexpected behaviors, or hardware limitations while using the CYW920819EVB-02 with Atmosphere.
Default Pin Mapping
Atmosphere configures each peripheral to a default pin for every supported device, based on ideal pairing of pins and their usage. The default pin configuration is set for convenience and enables each peripheral to work naturally without needing to be modified.
CYW920819EVB-02 projects start with the following pin configuration:
||Arduino Header D0||Maps to
||Arduino Header D1||Maps to
||Arduino Header D2||Maps to
||Arduino Header D4||Maps to
||Arduino Header D5||Maps to
||Arduino Header D6||Maps to
||Arduino Header D7||Maps to
||Arduino Header D8||Maps to
||Arduino Header D10||Maps to
||Arduino Header D11||Maps to
||Arduino Header D12||Maps to
||Arduino Header D13||Maps to
||Arduino Header A0||Maps to
||Arduino Header A2||Maps to
||Arduino Header A4||Maps to
||Arduino Header A5||Maps to
||VDDIO ADC Channel||Doesn’t map to pin|
||User LED 1||Maps to
||User LED 2||Maps to
The default pin for any peripheral can be changed within an element's properties, from an element that references that particular peripheral.
Below is information regarding the CYW920819EVB-02’s exposed peripherals.
This I2C bus is exposed via the
SDA pin on the Arduino header.
This SPI bus is exposed via pins
UART1 (USB Debug Console)
This UART is exposed via the micro-USB connector on the ESP32 or pins
The following pins can be used for ADC input:
- A0 - Must disconnect thermistor via
J14prior to use
Any GPIO pin can be used for PWM output.
Programming the CYW920819EVB-02 involves using the programmer interface in Atmosphere Studio to install embedded firmware.
Prior to programming an CYW920819EVB-02, ensure you have the following setup configuration:
- The CYW920819EVB-02 is connected to the computer via USB.
- The computer has the necessary connectivity protocols enabled (Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- The Atmosphere IoT Agent is installed on the computer and running. The Atmosphere IoT Agent is a local application that runs in the system tray and acts as an intermediary between the computer’s connectivity protocol drivers and the browser running Atmosphere.
- An Internet connection is maintained.
- The project to be programmed has been compiled.
- The CYW920819EVB-02 is in recovery mode.
Users working with the CYW920819EVB-02 on macOS need to download the Cypress ModusToolbox SDK in order to program. This doesn't need to be run or used, but downloads the necessary drivers needed to program the CYW920819EVB-02 on macOS.
CYW920819EVB-02 Recovery Mode
To put the CYW920819EVB-02 into recovery mode:
- Press and hold the reset button, then press and hold the recover button. Release the reset button, wait one second, then release the recover button.
There is no visual indication of the board going into recovery mode, but the board can now be programmed.
With setup complete, you can program the CYW920819EVB-02:
- From Atmosphere Studio’s Embedded tab, click the button from the tab’s toolbar. This displays the Program Firmware window.
- Under Device Port, select the communication port the device is connected to.
- Click Program to start programming. When complete, you’ll receive a notification stating the device is programmed with the project’s embedded firmware.
When complete, the CYW920819EVB-02 reboots and is programmed with the project’s embedded firmware.
Guides and Tutorials
Get started using the CYW920819EVB-02 with Atmosphere by walking through the following guides:
|Getting Started with CYW20819|
Atmosphere includes a variety of CYW920819EVB-02 demo projects for users of all levels. Check them out by clicking the demo’s name to open the project in Atmosphere.
|CYW920819EVB Demo||A basic demo that reads the temperature data from the CYW920819EVB-02, prints it on the mobile app, and sends it to the cloud.|
|LSM9DS1 Demo||Demonstrates the LSM9DS1 nine-axis inertial sensor onboard the CYW920819EVB-02. Measures acceleration data and prints it in the debug console, and within the mobile app displays the acceleration values for the x-, y-, and z-axis.|
The Atmosphere video library contains the following videos on the CYW920819EVB-02:
Getting started video coming soon!
The following additional resources and downloadable files are available for the CYW920819EVB-02: