Studio’s Embedded View provides access to the programmer, an interface that programs a compiled project’s embedded firmware into an end device. Click thebutton from Embedded View’s toolbar to display the programmer interface.
The programmer’s interface contains the following:
- The project’s information and hardware type.
- Device Port field. This refers to the communication ports available on your computer that an end device can be connected to.
- Program button. Click to start programming.
- Progress bar. Displays the programming progress.
- Console. Displays the message log of the programming status. Displays the status upon programming completion or an error if one occurs while programming.
The NXP Rapid IoT is not programmed in the same manner as other supported hardware, and its programming instructions are explained on its own page. To learn more about programming the NXP Rapid IoT, visit Programming NXP Rapid IoT.
Prior to programming an end device, ensure you have the following setup configuration:
- The end device is connected to the computer via USB to an available communication port.
- The computer has the necessary connectivity protocols enabled (Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, etc.).
- The Atmosphere IoT Agent is installed on the computer and running. The Atmosphere IoT Agent is a local application that runs in the system tray and acts as an intermediary between the computer’s connectivity protocol drivers and the browser running Atmosphere.
- An Internet connection is maintained.
- The project to be programmed has been compiled.
In addition to the configuration requirements listed above, the ST SensorTile requires some additional hardware setup in order to be programmed. This only affects the SensorTile's initial setup for programming; the complete setup configuration as detailed above and the programming instructions listed below both remain the same. To learn more about the initial programming setup for the SensorTile, visit Programming ST SensorTile.
With setup complete, you can program your end device:
- Under Device Port, select the communication port the end device is connected to. If the end device is not displayed, click thebutton to refresh the list of available ports.
- Click Program to start programming. The progress is measured until programming is completed.
When complete, the end device is programmed with the project’s embedded firmware. With firmware installed, the device can now be recognized and connected to Atmosphere under Devices.
For more information on connecting an end device to Atmosphere, visit Connecting Devices.