Programming NXP Rapid IoT
Unlike other end devices, the NXP Rapid IoT is not programmed directly through Atmosphere Studio. Instead it involves downloading the firmware and directly transferring it to the device.
Prior to programming a NXP Rapid IoT, ensure you have the following setup configuration:
- The device is connected to the computer via USB.
- The project to be programmed has been compiled. To compile the project, clickin the Studio menu options.
- The NXP Rapid IoT is in programming mode.
NXP Rapid IoT Programming Mode
To put the NXP Rapid IoT into programming mode, perform the following steps:
- Connect the NXP Rapid IoT to the computer via USB.
- Simultaneously hold the top-left and bottom-right side buttons for five seconds until the screen goes black. Continue holding the buttons while the screen goes black.
- The green LED will turn on and start blinking, indicating the device is now in programming mode. The side buttons can be released. While in programming mode, the NXP Rapid IoT displays as a mass storage USB device on your computer.
With setup complete, you can program your NXP Rapid IoT:
- From Embedded View, click thebutton from the view’s toolbar. This downloads a .bin file containing the project’s compiled firmware.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and move it into the Rapid IoT mass storage device. This initiates programming of the Rapid IoT, which is represented by a series of blinking lights on the device.
When the lights stop blinking, programming is complete and the NXP Rapid IoT is programmed with the project’s embedded firmware. The NXP Rapid IoT will reboot itself and no longer display as a mass storage device, and upon startup the project is loaded on the device.