This release includes support for two development kits from some new manufacturers, welcoming the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840-DK and the ON Semiconductor RSL10-SENSE-GEVK into the growing library of supported hardware in Atmosphere Studio. We’ve also integrated some new sensors into the Studio Element Library, most notably the Sensirion SHTx and SGPx sensors. Sensirion built the support for the sensors themselves using our EEL builder tool (available on the Atmosphere GitHub), so we’re excited to get them implemented for all of our users.
Lastly, we’ve added a couple new dashboard widgets for users to display their data, with the new data gauge and data bulletin. The data gauge is an overhaul of the former data meter widget, and provides a highly customizeable gauge for displaying and measuring data. The data bulletin lists a series of datasets in a column/row format for displaying numerous values within a single widget.
Complete release notes for Platform Update v1.3.1 include:
- Added support for the ON Semiconductor RSL10 Sensor Development Kit
- Added support for the Nordic nRF52840-DK
- Added support for several new sensors, including the Bosch BME680 and BHI160, ON Semiconductor NOA1305, and Sensirion SHTx and SGPx sensors
- Added new embedded counter element
- Added new data gauge widget to replace the original data meter widget. The data meter widget has likewise been removed from the dashboard configuration menu.
- Added new data bulletin widget, which allows users to create a bulletin of numerous datasets
- Line colors in the data graph widget can now be customized
- Implemented numerous adjustments to language throughout the UI to improve readability
- Updated the color swatch selection throughout all widgets
- Corrected icons throughout the UI to match styling and sizing consistency
- Android app API requirement has been updated to version 28
- Several demo projects have been updated to include clear naming conventions for their elements and cloud storage
- The Devices page now includes a global Find Device option, which enables users to search and go to any device within their account
- Improved the cloud meta element to include new escalation abilities. Device status can now be escalated to a higher priority status in addition to being manually set.
- Improved the device map widget to load faster when plotting its pins
- Devices and datasets are now displayed in alphabetical order when viewed in the data source area within widget settings
- Improved embedded interval system within AVR-IoT and Arduino Mega
- AVR-IoT and PIC-IoT now use their onboard LEDs to indicate their Wi-Fi connection status
- Support for the WebP image format has been added for profile, device, and group images
- General bug fixes throughout the backend and UI